New Year, New Fitness Trends

With it being the beginning of the New Year, many of you probably have made a resolution to lose weight. Your resolution could range from a few pounds to hundreds of pounds or even just to make better, healthier decisions. I was watching the show “The Doctors” today and they had a segment on the new fitness trends for 2011. Some of the trends looked like they would work and others were insane (literally!) I am going to pick out a few that stood out to me:

Kymaro Rhythm Rocker- It looks like a stool with handles off to the sides and you sit on it while bending your core muscles. The infomercial claims, with a  30 day money back guarantee, that you can lose 7 pounds in 7 days. I don’t know. I think I would fall of off it and it looks like they got the idea from a broken computer chair, haha! I can see how moving your core like that would exercise your abdominal muscles but I don’t think that I’m completely convinced.

The Fitness Trampoline- This one we have all seen. A miniature version of the big trampolines we all have bounced around on when we were kids, marketed as fitness equipment. They say that 10 minutes of working out on the trampoline is equal to 33 minutes of running. This one I can believe. I remember how much work it was to get bouncing on the trampoline and I was exhausted, sweaty, and tired when all was said and done. I would think that this would be better than running when it comes to your knees and joints.

The Insanity Workout- This is truly something I could not make myself do. This is a set of workout DVDs that push your body to its max and even further in 60 minutes. I definitely do not have the will power for such a workout (I can barely make myself work out) let alone push myself to beyond my limit.  If you do have the willpower I do believe this will work. The high intensity workout keeps your heart pumping and the sweat pouring. You just have to get yourself to do it!

What do you think about these fitness trends? Have you tried any past trends? Or are you chomping at the bit to try one that was listed?


Weight Today - 369 (I made my short term goal!)
Next Goal - 359


For more trends and information go to http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_synopsis/664?section=synopsis

Comments

  1. Oh! Did you see the episode with the 17 day diet? and one of them had that bounce swing that worked your core.

    And that insanity diet is what it says it is, insane! Last year, Caroline and I did the Beach Body Challenge and did this X-fit. Let me tell ya, I can see how it would work, but we weren't able to sit down for days!

    Good Luck, Lacy! You are doing a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts