Give Yourself a Break!

I know that most people think that taking a day off from diet and exercise is a bad idea, and it can be if you have the wrong mindset. Over the weekend my husband and I went to Applebee's for "date night." I wasn't on my best diet behavior but I still ended up losing weight over the weekend. I think that if you deprive yourself of what you are wanting you will never succeed. The cravings will get more intense and you will finally cave and possibly binge. I let myself share and appetizer AND dessert with my husband. I also didn't even order off of the diet menu or even get a salad! I probably could have lost more weight if I hadn't let myself eat what I wanted, but in the long run it probably saved me from gaining all the weight I have already lost back! Now, I'm not saying to go out and eat pizza and Doritos every night because you want to, that isn't the point. The point is to give in to your cravings every once in a while and not worry about it. You will be surprised with yourself when you only eat half of what they bring to you and only take 3 or 4 bites of the delicious maple blondie(drool)! You still need to listen to your stomach and know when it's full. You don't want to feel miserable!

Taking a break even works with exercise! Working out 7 days a week sounds great in theory, but your body can get overworked. You need a day off to let your muscles recover and rebuild. I try to get in a 30 minute cardio workout at least 3-4 days a week. I am wanting to start going back to Zumba class twice a week as well. Zumba is such a fun way to work out! You sweat like crazy but you are having fun, so you don't even notice until it drips down your face.

What are some things that you "break" your diet for?


Current Weight - 368
Next Goal - 359

Comments

  1. I am tryin a new diet right now and I hope it works. You are doing great and a beautiful woman!!
    It takes time to lose it . Its funny I didn't seem to notice when it was being put on ,that Gad for stretchy pants and legging!!
    Keep up the good work

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts