D-Licious Chicken Parmesan Tenders

I thought for an update I would give you all a recipe that I tried out recently that I thought was amazing. I was really in the mood for chicken parmesan, you know, breaded chicken covered in sauce and mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Anyway, I went searching on the Weight Watchers site and found this beauty.

Chicken Parmesan Tenders


Ingredients

1 spray(s) cooking spray   
1/2 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs, Italian-style   
3/4 oz reduced fat parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)   
1 tsp garlic powder   
  3 large egg white(s)   
  1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 24 thin strips   
1 cup(s) marinara sauce, heated   

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
  • Combine bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder in a small, shallow bowl. Whip egg whites until foamy and place in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture to coat thoroughly. (Note: You may use boneless, skinless chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts, if desired.)
  • Place chicken tenders on prepared pan and bake until crispy, about 25 minutes. Serve chicken with warmed sauce. Yields about 6 chicken tenders and 1/4 cup of sauce per serving. 

 I also cooked up so whole wheat penne pasta and put some of the marinara(ragu) on that as well. So simple. So delicious.

With Weight Watchers they only have you weigh in once a week, but I weigh myself daily and was pleased to see that the number went down! Last week I lost one pound, kind of a downer but being a girl will mess with water retention and what not especially when mother nature loves you. Anyway, I just want to keep positive and celebrate every single success, even the 1 pound-ers. That is 1 more pound closer to being healthy!

Weight Today : 352
Next goal: 349





Comments

Popular Posts