Busy!

Sorry everyone, I have been so busy the last few weeks that I haven't had time to post an update. My husband and I just bought a house and we have been moving/decorating like crazy. We still aren't done but we are getting close. We will probably start painting once it is nicer out so we can open the windows and let the breeze in.

Anyway, I recently had an appointment with my family doctor just as a regular checkup/more refills on my thyroid medicine. He noticed that my blood pressure was a tad high (140/70 ) so he added more tests to do with my regular tsh level blood work. Yay. I had to fast the night before and they took 3 vials of blood. They are checking my cholesterol, sugars, and of course my thyroid.

Even though I have been eating pretty well and have lost plenty of weight I could still have some problems with what I eat. I was watching Ellen last week and she had the author of "Veganist" on. She said something that blew me away, that 1 egg has as much cholesterol as big mac! I usually don't pay too much attention to those sort of things but I was trying to figure out why I eat eggs in the first place. I mean, I love omelets and scrambled eggs with cheese but really any egg substitute could do the trick. I really don't even like the taste of eggs but they are an easy breakfast so I would eat them. I went into the fridge and was looking at my skim milk and it too has cholesterol. Really?! So off to Whole Foods I went. I was a woman on a mission. I bought some of my favorite almond milk and some meatless chicken nuggets and other delicious-ness-es. I once tried to become a vegan and was unsuccessful. I feel like I jumped into it way to fast instead of letting myself slowly acclimate to the new lifestyle. I am starting out with a few small changes ,like the milk for instance, so I don't get overwhelmed by the newness of it all. I don't know if I can do a complete switch to a vegan lifestyle, but I feel like I can do pretty well at eating more meatless options. I am in LOVE with Quorn chik'n nuggets. Chace likes them too! They are the closest to a real chicken nugget(in my opinion).



I started my small changes today and was excited at how well my body reacted. I feel more energetic and not so blah. I switched out my skim milk for vanilla almond milk (so good!) and had chik'n nuggets for lunch. I have a few more products in my freezer to test out, but so far so good. Oh and I found a dairy free yogurt I like that doesn't taste like mush, Whole Soy yogurt was the best so far. Only a small soy aftertaste but from the rice yogurt I tried it was a MAJOR improvement.

It has been over a week since I have weighed myself(no scale!!) but I will update with my last weigh in info.

Current Weight(ish) - 346
Next Goal - 339

Comments

  1. Hey lady! I just think you're doing an awesome job with this blog and am awarding you a Stylish Blog Award! :-) Your posts are inspiring and so helpful. Thanks for writing about this stuff. You're story has made me confront some of my own issues. :-) To learn more about the award, check out the latest post on my blog. http://stayathomemom-newmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts