Prepping my brain for Easter

I don't know about you all, but I LOVE holiday food. The homemade noodles, mashed potatoes, rolls, and all the other things that are good. Since I started my weight loss journey I have made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas with no weight gain! I thought I would give you some tips on how to enjoy the holiday foods but not feel horrible about what you ate.

1. Don't tell yourself "no" too much. Sure you can have noodles, but only have a small spoonful. If you get full before your plate is clean, then quit eating. Just because your momma said to clean your plate when you were little doesn't mean she wants you to do it now!

2. Drink plenty of water. We all know that we should do this, but it really does work to help keep those hunger pangs at bay.

3. Fill your plate with veggies and eat them first. I have been doing this with any meal I eat lately. If you eat the veggies and drink your water then your stomach gets pretty full(but don't fill it too much, you want room for the good stuff!)

4. Say "no" to second helpings. We all have those people in our family that wants us to get some more food and says that we didn't get enough to eat. You alone know how hungry/full you are and you are the one accountable for your weight. No one will be offended if you don't get seconds, I promise.

5. Eat slowly. I know the food is DELISH but that doesn't mean you need to shovel it in! Take a minute to actual taste your food. Savor every bite! If you do this you won't feel deprived at all. 

6. Let the dinner host know you are on a diet, sometimes they will make healthy changes to their cooking. If you are the one preparing the dinner then substitute some low fat/low calories ingredients for the regular ones. No one ever notices and it is good for everyone. If you are making mashed potatoes consider making them with half mashed cauliflower. So good!

7. If it is nice enough go for a walk afterward. It not only burns calories but it is also great for bonding with your family.


I hope these tips help you. Holidays don't have to be stressful when it comes to dieting. You just need to keep your brain in the game!


Weight today - 337.6 (can you believe I started my blog Jan. 4 at 373??)
Next Goal - 329 (getting close to my first big goal!)

Comments

Popular Posts